Monday 8 February 2016

David Bowie Sheffield tribute mural ridiculed on social media

Mural of David Bowie
A 7ft (2.1m) painting by Trik featuring Bowie in the persona of his character Aladdin Sane has appeared on a street corner in the city centre.One Twitter contributor remarked, "How did you find an artist with no idea what Bowie looked like?", while another asked, "Who is that a picture of?"
Trik said he found it all "fun", but he might now paint over the picture. The 25-year-old self-taught artist said: "I'm looking at the reaction right now. It's not very nice to see people talking about me as an artist.
'Let them hate' "I'm going to get a picture of it, so it will be fine, but I've got to do what I've got to do."
Speaking about the adverse reaction, he said: "Let them hate, I'm finding it fun.".This started to trend in the UK for a while as people were outraged but it dont have an effect on artist.
A tweet about the mural

No comments:

Post a Comment